The JUSTICE Act, recently introduced by Senator Tim Scott, is a commonsense bill that will help reform our nation’s criminal justice system.
Some of the many reforms this bill makes include:
- Requiring state and local governments receiving certain federal funds to report all use of force incidents
- Requiring state and local governments receiving certain federal funds to report all no-knock warrants
- Requiring the DOJ Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) to develop curriculum and certification standards for training regarding use of force, de-escalation, and responding to behavioral health crises.
- Requiring the AG to develop training for local and state law enforcement regarding officers intervening when another officer engages in excessive use of force.
- Criminalizing federal law enforcement engaging in sexual acts with an individual who is under arrest, is detained or is in prison
Tell your lawmakers to support these needed policing reforms!